Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trapped in a Box

Well it is pretty easy to not have the urge to splurge when you try to keep yourself busy. I watched my sister from anoter Mister's kids today and that kept my mind off of going shopping.
I started reading The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey on Saturday and I have to admit he is hilarious,blunt, and truthful. I have to admit that I am that red faced kid in a store screaming, crying, and stomping because I want it now!!! I would like to think of myself as maybe a calmer version of Willy Wonka's character Veruca Salt one who owns no credit cards. Yes, ladies and gentleman I own none I have never qualified for any and thanks to Mr.Ramsey I am relieved knowing that creditors don't think I have the strength to resist splurges and go over. However, for years I felt angry and Black! Yes, BLACK! I told myself that they won't give me a credit card because they know I am black, However; this theory pathetically deflated off into the sky when one of my bestfriends (whom happens to be black) got 8 credit cards. What the heck man? Why can't I get one? Why can everyone else get one but me???? Now after reading The Total Money Makeover I am so relived that I have never been accepted for one. Why?
1.My name is Maria and I am an Emotional Shopper.
2. My name is Maria and I act like Veruca Salt from Willy Woka and the Chocolate Factory.
3. My name is Maria and I have to trap myself in a box(aka home) to prevent the need to spend any money.
You see it is simple! A person like me needs to stay far away from credit cards YES farrrrrrr away and the creditors apparently knew that! Either that or GOD!
I look forward to sharing more with you thanks for following me through my journey!

1 comments:

Connie said...

Either you don't need to say "My name is Maria and I am a shopaholic" or you won't admit to it yet? LOL

I'm an emotional shopper, too. At least I was.

The last three years with my husband's employer not paying as he should, have forced me into the other extreme. I now am all about stockpiling and getting the most bang for my buck. I can't wait until the Sunday ads and coupons come out so I can see what I can stockpile next...and for how little money. I understand the "depression mentality" about never spending what you don't need to and saving every red cent you can.

Maybe you and I can meet somewhere in the middle? ROFL

Post a Comment